Health & Wellbeing
We want you to have the right support to have a happy and healthy life to help you achieve this:
- You will receive a children who are looked after Health Passport and a leaving care health summary. Access to information, advice and guidance for specific health needs will be offered by the nurses who support children who are looked after
- You can receive free membership to The Way Youth Zone, if you are 19 or under. This will enable you to have access to all services offered at The Way. A drop in for care leavers up to age 19 is held every Friday from 12-4pm offering you opportunities to seek support and advice
- Your YPA can access information and advice from the children who are looked after Nurse around your health needs
- You can find out about essential health services via the children who are looked after www.wolveschildrenincare.com
- You can get support from adult services where this is required
- You can attend a quarterly sexual health workshop
- You can get help to make good and safe sexual health choices from Embrace which includes free access to the Contraceptive ‘C’ Card scheme and ‘home testing’ sexual health screening kit
- You can attend the Indi Group, an independence programme where you can meet other care leavers and staff. This is held at Old Heath, Reach Cafe every Friday from 4.30- 7.30 pm
- If you live in a Transitions flat you will be offered the opportunity to achieve an Asdan accreditation in Living Independently to help you develop your skills as you move into adulthood
- If you are a young parent, you can attend a group that runs at The Way Youth Zone, which will support, guide and encourage you to learn good parenting skills
You can have free membership to all three WV Active gyms within Wolverhampton and can you can take a guest with you to experience and enjoy many activities such as :
- General Access to all three gyms and pools
- Free access to the Aldersley Athletics Track
- Over 120 fitness classes across the three sites ranging from high intensity training to Yoga classes
- Free Fitness programmes
- Swift Travel Card provided with the membership with £5 free trial travel
- 1-2-1 swimming lessons and free lifeguard training which could lead to potential employment opportunities with WV active!
- You can have counselling support from the Children’s Society and Barnardo’s
- You can receive online counselling from Kooth, the provider of the service, up to the age of 25.
- You can get support to improve your mental health from Healthy Minds.
- You can receive support with substance misuse. You can get this from Wolverhampton Recovery Near You